Food World is Zimbabwe’s premier independently-owned supermarket group.
Our company currently operates 6 supermarket branches and 1 wholesale branch and employs some 1000 team members from diverse backgrounds.
Each Food World branch contains all the departments one would expect in a world-class supermarket concern:
- A Grocery department stocking a full range of groceries, frozen foods, and home wares.
- A Bakery department that bakes fresh bread, cakes and confectionary daily.
- A Take-away that sells sumptuous hot meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner (some branches also have sit-in areas).
- A Butchery that stocks high-quality fresh meat products.
- A Liquor department that sells ice cold local and imported beers, and a variety of wines and spirits.
- A Fruit and Vegetable department for an assortment of fresh produce.
Our focus is on bringing customers the best shopping experience possible, by focusing on providing world-class service, convenience, a clean and hygienic shopping environment, and constant availability of a wide range of trusted local and international brands.
Food World consults international firms for the design and layouts of its stores, but always endeavors, where possible, to source building materials for facilities locally, and to use local labour for the construction and maintenance of branches and equipment.